Life is an endless Developmental process. We all have unique Abilities and Disabilities. The Day we choose Awareness instead of ignorance, is the DAY we start to see everyone as equal. Gary Spears, DSP



Monday, June 24, 2013

Color me RAD!!!

 We've been waiting for any type of color run to come to Buffalo for ever now! We were thrilled when we found out that Color Me Rad was coming to Darien Lake! What better place??!! We ran the camp grounds, which was really fun, having everyone out cheering us out and seeing all the people in their tents and campers etc. I should mention too, it was longer then a 5K, we were tracking it and it was more like 3.4 miles, which isn't much more, but it was NOT 3.1 by any means. We timed ourselves too, since it's not a timed race, and we did it in about 44 mins. Not horrible, since Michele is not much of a runner (but she kicked ass!!) My foot was killing me (I broke the top of it months ago, then it healed broken, oops) and Beth hasn't ran in a while either. We had to stop twice for bathroom breaks. it was 85 and WAY humid out. Oh, and who knew about all those darn hills??? not me that's for sure! We still rocked it and had a blast out there doing it. 

So here we are before the run. Beth, Michele & I. 
I have to explain how I know these girls. It's interesting how small the world is. Michele and I went to High school together, she was a year behind me, then we got re-connected through facebook of course. THEN Beth.... ended up being my doctor a couple times (well my RN) when my reg doc was out. Well, it turns out Michele and Beth are sister in laws, they are married to brothers. Then, Beth and I became friends when she left the practice, and we're running buddies now. So... small world huh?? 

Courtney and Angela, pre race

With our package, we all got RAD tattoo's, cool sunglasses and tshirts. (that run WAY too small) So here's my RAD, on the back of my calf.

Courtney and I pre-race. 

At the starting line, ready to go!

10 minutes later... I got color bombed in the face with PINK! I ate it I swear. I couldn't even see, it was plastered to my glasses. LOL Thank god for those! 

Here's proof I turned another color other then Pink.. I got some green. The green and yellow were colored water, which was really refreshing! 

Here's the after effects...

Wahoo!! 

Beth and Michele looked awesome. How I missed turning all the colors I dont' know. I guess it's just how it lands on you. I love that blue though! 

My hair got some purple... oh, and I see green on my shirt back there! 

Courtney and Angela were a MESS!!! 

Here's our group of five. We look awesome!
It's still all over my face headed home. It was caked on dry like that!Color plus sweat, cakes it on you like mudd. LOL My lips were so dry from it too!

Here's my sock line! My legs were orange.... Did I even run through orange?? I don't know! 

Yes, I know this may be too much info.. but I have to remember all the memories. This was my chest from the pink! Everything washed out pretty easily, expect the places were you sweat the most... so I was pink for a couple of days after many washing's.

We used the air compressor to spray the color from our sneakers. and everything except my bra came pretty much clean. My bra, is white, but the rim of it stayed pink... kind of neat looking now! 

Another color run is coming, but it's the same day as my 1/2 marathon, which is a bummer... I would love to do another one! Oh well. We have Dirty Girl coming in September, which will be really fun. Zombie run is coming too, I am sitting that one out, I'd be scared out of my mind. Beth and Michele both know someone in Florida and North Carolina that have a Neon Run! they run at night, and get glow gel thrown at them, THAT would be tons of fun to do! 



No comments:

"When a loved one becomes a memory ~ That memory becomes a treasure"